Writing in Digital Health News, DHC Director, Graham Kendall, outlines what’s worked, and what needs to change, identifying five key lessons:
- Focus on integrating solutions
- Support and empower local users to choose solutions that work for them.
- Avoid spending money twice – if a local service wants, and is willing to pay for, a more integrated solution, then allow them to use funding that would otherwise be made available for point solutions.
- Comply with regulatory standards
- Require and publish data on utilisation and quality metrics.